Welcome to BPI-STEAM documentation!¶
Welcome to the user documentation for BPI-STEAM, which is hosted on the Github BPI-STEAM open source organization.
I will introduce you to the basic information of BPI-BIT.
BPI-BIT is an open source STEAM education product based on ESP32 high performance chip and compatible with micro:bit design.
Programming with Webduino¶
By programming the Webduino firmware, users can use Webduino Blockly for online programming.
- Release center
- Web:bit offline education version
- Webduino Bit Online Standard Edition
- 1. Webduino Bit Initialization Settings
- 2. Meet Webduino Blockly Bit
- 3. 5x5 Full Color LED Dot Matrix
- 4. power switch button
- 5. Basic operation (displaying light values)
- 6. Logic interaction (lighting page bulb)
- 7. Basic operation (display temperature value)
- 8. Component Interaction (Full color dot matrix color display temperature)
- 9. buzzer
- 10. Accelerometer
- 11. Gyro
- 12. attitude angle (currently only roll and pitch are supported)
- 13. Magnetometer
- Expanding blocks
Just look at the cloud and host your code at any time with the browser, and with the fun plug-in system and multi-language environment on Github, enjoy the world’s popular building blocks programming!
Programming with MicroPython¶
By programming MicroPython firmware, users can program in the world’s most popular Python language.
With the support of professional IDE (such as: VsCode, PyCharm), you can easily transfer the code from the computer to the board to experience the fun of program creation!
- Release center
- Basic tutorial
- 1. Brush in MicroPython firmware
- 2. The easiest start
- 3. First knowledge REPL
- 4. Hello, World!
- 5. Panel display image
- 6. Detection panel button
- 7. Control gold finger IO
- 8. Play simple music
- 9. Random generator
- 10. Board attitude detection
- 11. Photosensitive and gesture detection
- 12. Make a compass
- 13. Get ambient temperature
- Advanced tutorial
- Standard case
- Built-in module
- MicroPython documentation and references
Programming with Arduino¶
Arduino will not elaborate on too much basic content, please have your own language development foundation for C/C++.
BPI-BIT provides the software tools and best practices for getting started with Arduino, which will be your minimum barrier to entry into embedded professional development.
Expansion board support¶
BPI-BIT is designed to be compatible with microbit-compatible base hardware. You can view the following supported Microbit expansion boards or expand applications based on the expansion board design.